Friday, January 6, 2012

Passion 2012- Tiny Taste of Heaven

I'm not sure that words can adequately describe the feeling of worshiping my Savior with over 45,000 of my brothers and sisters. Throughout the four days of the Passion Conference, God showed Himself to me in so many ways. He gave me a love and a hunger for His word that I never have experienced before. He opened my eyes to the beauty of seeking after Him and savoring/memorizing His word. God also revealed to me His vast, limitless, never ending, never failing love. I am so unworthy and yet He pours out innumerable grace and mercy on me. Because of His great love how can I do anything besides love others with everything I have? I am absolutely nothing without the Lord! I do not want to live an insignificant life. I desire to love others and bravely share the Love of my Savior!!

Passion Recap:

we left Indy at 7am on Jan. 2, 2012...we had no idea what the next 96 hours would have in store for us!



The DOME! We arrive to over 45,000+ college students from around the country (and world) all ready to praise and worship Jesus!






there is literally nothing better in the whole world than worshiping Jesus with so many other believers!!


I could not stop crying while I watched this unfold. The Lord does not speak a specific language...He speaks the world! This is exactly what Heaven will be like! <3



FREEDOM! Do Something Now... the goal of Do Something Now is to give everyone an opportunity to take all of the information that we have been given over the course of the four days and to do something about it. Not just acknowledge its existence..but take a stand to CHANGE it. The main goal of Passion this year was to raise funds and awareness towards the end of slavery in America and around the world. Today in this world there are over 25million slaves. The plan was for us as a group to give over 1million dollars to different organizations that are actively taking a stand against slavery around the world. It was INCREDIBLE to see God move. Not only did we reach that goal...but we tripled it! 45,000+ poor college kids gave over 2.5 million dollars...and we inspired an anonymous couple to give $500,000...to make the grand total over 3.06 million dollars! The LORD is SO GOOD!

CNN covered the story in a video... here


We will be a light to the world burning brightly!

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
Ephesians 6:19-20




2 comments:

  1. Mary, thank you for sharing this!! I couldn't catch my breath watching that video! I CANNOT wait for heaven! What an adventure it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this entry! Really awesome!

    ReplyDelete