Thursday, December 6, 2012

one of those days.

Today is one of those days where I just miss my other home.

I never realized how desperately you could miss a place.
It's hard to describe to someone who has never experienced it... its a constant ache in your heart that never goes away.

It is the feeling of being on this journey with the Lord and waiting to be adequately skilled to be as effective as possible.

That is the balance beam that I am currently standing on.

I know I have to finish nursing school. I know the Lord has me in Indianapolis now for a reason.
The Lord is doing incredible things in and through me this year. Hearts and lives are being changed at IUPUI and its only because of my Savior. I know that the Lord is doing great things.

However, that doesn't make the ache in my heart any easier to bear.

While I wait for the Lord to show me my next steps, I will continue to follow His direction here and pray and pray for all those that I miss today.


Today I miss kisses from the kids.
I miss walking to the clinic.
I miss talking to the woman while we make jollof for dinner.
I miss singing and praying under the stars.
I miss waking up at the foot of the mountain.
I miss walking hand in hand with one of the local kids.
I miss carrying Gladys.
I miss church services by flashlight.
I miss singing and dancing.
I miss learning twi and watching their eyes light up when I said hello.
I miss sharing the gospel with those who had never heard.
I miss hearing "Auntie Mary!!" everywhere I went.
I miss hugs.
I miss the red dirt on my shoes.
I miss the rainstorms.
I miss watching movies at the neighbors house.
I miss carrying sleeping babies.
I miss singing Pharoah, Pharoah with the sunday school kids.
I miss walking to the school and being bombarded by hugs.
I miss bread and milo for breakfast.
I miss never having a hand empty.
I miss laughing with my kids.
I miss dancing in the rain.
I miss my home.



No comments:

Post a Comment