Friday, June 14, 2013

Joy is the Only Option

Joy.


"It is what anchors our roots deep in heaven and allows us to live beyond our circumstances on earth." * Beyond the mountains that seem too tall to scale. Beyond the oceans that seem too wide to cross. Beyond the situations that we can't quite understand. Joy is the way that we can look all of these obstacles in the face and see God's goodness and His unfailing love in the face of it. 

God is so good. There is no doubt in my mind. I have seen it time and time again. I will never stop saying that. However, I get tripped up in the waiting time of a difficult situation and seeing how He will turn it into a beautiful display of His goodness. 

Sometimes I don't see it right away. Sometimes I really doubt. Sometimes I struggle. I know for a fact that He is good and I can see it, but every once in a while there is a disconnect from my heart to my head. 

That is when I run to joy. I run to thanksgiving. I look to the good in the situation. I look to my Savior. I run to His arms and trust that He is in control. That He will carry me up the mountain that is standing right in front of me. That He will part the ocean that is too wide to fathom crossing. 

He loves me so. He cares for me. He is good. I look to Him. I rely on Him. I fall in His arms. He embraces me and carries me the whole way. 

Even in the unknown, I am sure that He will never leave me or forsake me. What an incredible promise that I can cling fast to!

Today, I choose joy. 



*Michelle Perry


No comments:

Post a Comment